IT Network and Domain Administrator
Evox Therapeutics is a growing, privately held, Oxford-based biotechnology company focused on harnessing and engineering the natural delivery capabilities of extracellular vesicles, known as exosomes, to develop an entirely new class of therapeutics. Backed by leading life sciences venture capital groups and supported by a comprehensive intellectual property portfolio, Evox’s mission is to positively impact human health by creating novel exosome-based therapeutics for the treatment of various severe diseases with limited options for patients and their families. Evox has created substantial proprietary technology to modify exosomes using various molecular engineering, drug loading, and targeting strategies to facilitate targeted drug delivery to organs of interest, including the brain and the central nervous system. Exosome-based drugs have the potential to address some of the limitations of protein, antibody and nucleic acid-based therapies by enabling delivery to cells and tissues that are currently out of reach using other drug delivery technologies, and Evox is leading the development within this emerging therapeutic space.
For further information visit: www.evoxtherapeutics.com
This newly created IT role is due to the significant growth and expansion of Evox Therapeutics which includes increased headcount and additional office and laboratory space now across three locations which include Oxford Science and Business Parks and London.
Reports to: IT Director
Direct Reports: 0
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Manage, monitor, and improve the company Microsoft Active Directory, network and server environments whilst overseeing IT Security to ensure the company data and IT environments are secure.
- To ensure all company data is maintained in a safe environment and backed up regularly to secure technology for current and future requirements.
- Work in partnership with our external IT consultants to implement new technology when required and ensure that SLA’s are achieved across the network and server environments.
- Work closely with the Evox Scientific, Operational and fellow IT team members to provide high-quality IT support to corporate and lab environments.
- Manage the company LAN, WAN, Active Directory and Microsoft Virtual server environments to ensure maximum security and uptime for the Corporate and Lab environments.
- Install, configure, and manage network equipment including firewalls, routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, Wi-Fi networks, DNS and DHCP to maximise network efficiency, useability and security.
- Manage the company data backup environment (utilising Cloud storage, internal storage and LTO tape media technology) to ensure all company data is maintained in a safe and secure environment for current and future IT requirements.
- Manage company leased lines, VPN and WAN environments at all sites to ensure high quality service and bandwidth for current and future usage to allow high data throughput for data backup and site interconnectivity.
- Manage and improve the company network design and hardware estate on an ongoing basis, to ensure segregation of network traffic between the different network types is achieved, with security as a top priority, by using firewall and layer 3 switch VLAN technologies.
- Implement and update Active Directory, Intune / Autopilot, group policies and Azure Conditional Access policies to manage network / device security and functionality.
- Plan, communicate (within the company and externally) to carry out regular monthly scheduled security patch updates of IT Infrastructure environment (network and server) to the latest software / firmware release in line with Cyber Essentials Plus and higher protocols.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation for the company IT network and server environments.
- Ensure the networks are protected from malware and virus threats, identifying areas under threat and suggest / implement security improvements, keeping updated on ever-changing cyber-landscape.
- Audit network and data environments for data security and suggest improvements with a view to stop data theft and vulnerabilities due to malicious third parties.
- Expert in Microsoft Azure / Active Directory, AWS, Azure SSO, Microsoft Hyper V virtual technology, Exchange, SharePoint, Intune and Autopilot, Azure conditional Access, Teams and Endpoint Manager.
- Experienced in data backup management utilising Veeam to Disk, Tape and Cloud.
- Good knowledge and experience of Cloud, infrastructure, networking and Internet technologies with a strong understanding of Internet, routing (IP, Ethernet etc.) and knowledge of MPLS or SD WAN, Cisco networking and routing including BGP, OSPF.
- Logical and analytical approach to resolve issues and with an ability to learn new technologies quickly, with flexibility and experience to support a growing Biotech company.
- Ability to articulate technical solutions in the appropriate language to a variety of audiences and ability to multi-task and self-prioritise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work cross functionally.
- Ability to prioritise and be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, with a strong business awareness.
- Good knowledge of key IT technology:-
- Darktrace Email
- Veeam backup
- Fortinet firewalls
- Microsoft Active Directory and Hyper V technologies
- HP network switching
- Teams call routing
- Office 365 including SharePoint, Exchange, OneDrive, and Teams
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL & Process Management.
- Enthusiasm and strong interest in IT with the willingness and initiative to learn and develop new skills.
Knowledge & Experience
- A degree in a relevant IT/Maths field would be desirable
- Experience of working in Biotech environment with the understanding of IT delivery and support within a lab environment would be highly preferable.
We collaborate to innovate.
We encourage diversity.
We strive for excellence.
We are passionate and creative.
Private Medical CoverCover offered is for new and pre-existing conditions
Life AssuranceCover offered is 4 x base salary
Holidays25 days holiday plus bank holidays
PensionEmployer contribution 5%, employee minimum contribution 5%, however, more than 5% can be contributed if you wish
Discretionary BonusBonus is payable based on a combination of corporate and personal performance
Evox Stock OptionsStock Options are issued once the probationary period is passed
Workplace & Culture
At Evox, values are at the heart of how we operate, how we behave, and how we will drive the growth of our exciting company.
We developed the values internally with all our employees, ones which we could all identify and work with.
About Evox Therapeutics
Evox Therapeutics is harnessing and engineering the natural trafficking capabilities of extracellular vesicles to develop an entirely novel class of biotherapeutics.
IT Network and Domain Administrator
Loading application form
Already working at Evox Therapeutics?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.