EVOX THERAPEUTICS - BACKGROUND
Evox Therapeutics is a growing, privately held Oxford-based biotechnology company focused on harnessing and engineering the natural delivery capabilities of extracellular vesicles, known as exosomes, to develop an entirely new class of therapeutics. Backed by leading life sciences venture capital groups and supported by a comprehensive intellectual property portfolio, Evox’s mission is to positively impact human health by creating novel exosome-based therapeutics for the treatment of severe diseases with limited options for patients and their families. Evox has created substantial proprietary technology to modify exosomes using molecular engineering, drug loading, and targeting strategies to facilitate targeted drug delivery to organs of interest, including the brain and the central nervous system. Exosome-based drugs have the potential to address some of the limitations of protein, antibody, and nucleic acid-based therapies by enabling delivery to cells and tissues that are currently out of reach using other drug delivery technologies, and Evox is leading the development within this emerging therapeutic space.
For further information visit: www.evoxtherapeutics.com
Department: Translational pharmacology
Reports to: Group Leader In Vivo Pharmacology
Location: London (London Bioscience Innovation Centre)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
As a Molecular Pathology Senior Scientist in Translational Pharmacology, you will be a pivotal member of the Research and Translational Medicine team at Evox. You will be responsible for establishing molecular pathology at Evox and delivering high quality data and interpretation for Evox’s platform technology and therapeutic pipeline in rare diseases.
- Responsible for the design, execution, and interpretation of molecular pathology experiments for translation of Evox’s preclinical pipeline
- Ensure that all tissue collected is adequately preserved and stored and is compliant with ethical and regulatory standards
- Develop new methods across several platforms (e.g. IHC, ISH, special stains) to support the specific needs of each project
- Deliver quantitative data using advanced image analysis software
- Align with scientists in Translational Medicine and Research to ensure project progression is delivered within agreed timelines
- Liaising with partners and collaborators to share and transfer methods
We are looking for a candidate that has significant experience of establishing molecular pathology techniques and delivering data and interpretation to support diagnosis or drug project progression. This role will require someone who has established experience across several different experimental techniques including microscopy and image analysis from issue sections. You will need excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, whilst demonstrating that you are highly organised, delivery focussed and can work in an agile and team orientated environment.
Experience & knowledge
- A minimum of a BSc in a relevant subject and significant experience leading and delivering molecular pathology studies
- High level of competence in morphology of a range of tissues across several species
- Experience of developing and establishing new methods and technologies for molecular pathology
- Proficient in automated image analysis, ideally using advanced software packages
- Experience gained from industry, the NHS or other regulated environments
- Experience of working with new drug modalities or advanced biological approaches particularly knowledge of working with RNA or AAV genetic therapies
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with experience analysing, interpreting, and presenting complex scientific data
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.