Reports to: Group Leader – In vitro Translational
Direct Reports: None
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
As a Senior Research Associate in the Translational in vitro team, you will contribute to the delivery of accurate and precise in vitro results to demonstrate the functionality of our exosome products. The majority of the lab work will be cell-based and use plate readers or flow cytometry end points to evaluate the potency of products. The role will be responsible for developing and optimising potency methods suitable for GMP activities as well as testing non-GMP material.
The successful candidate will work in a small team, working closely with scientists in Analytical Development, CMC and Research, as required. The key responsibilities will include:
- Perform robust potency testing on products throughout development life-cycle to inform drug development.
- Under general supervision develop, optimise and troubleshoot cell-based potency assays for understanding the in vitro capabilities of our product
- Perform assay qualification activities to ensure the accurate and precise nature of the assays
- Perform cell culture and cell banking activities in an aseptic manner to ensure high quality results can be measured.
- Liaise with project teams across the company to facilitate result delivery
- Keep excellent records of all experiments, data and assisting with data analysis
- Contribute to SOPs, method and study reports
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and adherence to guidelines that will ensure good laboratory practice
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible approach to change
Experience & knowledge
- MSc/BSc in a scientific discipline with relevant industry experience
- Proven industry hands-on experience with cell-based assays, preferably using both plate readers and flow cytometry
- Experience of cell culture and cell bank creation
- Experience of developing cell-based assays for potency measurement including statistical analysis would be desirable
- Knowledge/Experience of GMP validation is advantageous
- Experience gained working with AAV gene therapy would be desirable
- Contribution to reporting of data, protocols, SOPs, regulatory documents and internal written reports
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.