EVOX THERAPEUTICS - BACKGROUND
Evox Therapeutics is a growing, privately held, Oxford-based biotechnology company focused on harnessing and engineering the natural delivery capabilities of extracellular vesicles, known as exosomes, to develop an entirely new class of therapeutics. Backed by leading life sciences venture capital groups and supported by a comprehensive intellectual property portfolio, Evox’s mission is to positively impact human health by creating novel exosome-based therapeutics for the treatment of various severe diseases with limited options for patients and their families. Evox has created substantial proprietary technology to modify exosomes using various molecular engineering, drug loading, and targeting strategies to facilitate targeted drug delivery to organs of interest, including the brain and the central nervous system. Exosome-based drugs have the potential to address some of the limitations of protein, antibody and nucleic acid-based therapies by enabling delivery to cells and tissues that are currently out of reach using other drug delivery technologies, and Evox is leading the development within this emerging therapeutic space.
For further information visit: www.evoxtherapeutics.com
Reports to: Group leader – In Vivo Pharmacology
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
As a Senior Research Associate within the Translational Pharmacology team, you will contribute to the delivery of data from ex-vivo samples from pre-clinical studies and from patient samples, to support Evox’s platform technology and therapeutic pipeline in rare diseases. The role will primarily be to support histology and molecular pathology work; however the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to learn, and support with additional experimental techniques.
- Based at the London Bioscience Innovation Centre, you will work closely with colleagues to ensure appropriate collection and transportation of in vivo samples
- Sectioning of tissue blocks (FFPE or cryo-preserved) for histology and/or molecular pathology techniques
- Carrying out IHC or RNAscope experiments with supervision from senior lab staff as needed
- Scanning of experimental slides, organising electronic data, and assisting with experimental analysis
- Recording all data and summarising experimental results
- Assisting senior lab staff with the developing new experimental methods
- Analyse, summarise and record experimental results and maintain relevant databases and records.
- Develop new methods across several platforms (IHC, RNAscope, special stains) to support the needs of each project.
- Collaborate with scientists in Translational Pharmacology and Research to ensure projects progression within timelines.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- A commitment to the highest standards of quality and compliance
- Strong organisational skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Focussed individual with a high level of attention to detail
- Communicates effectively
- Adaptable, enthusiastic, and approachable
Experience & knowledge
- Advanced degree in life science and/or B.Sc with substantial experience ideally gained from hospital or biopharmaceutical pathology labs.
- Good knowledge of tissue fixation and processing
- Significant experience of tissue sectioning using both a microtome and cryostat
- Experience of molecular pathology methods such as immunohistochemistry, quantitative PCR, single cell RNA sequencing and/or RNAScope is desirable
- Experience handling human tissue ensuring adherence to HTA regulations
- Experience of image analysis would be advantagous
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.