Department: Analytical Development/CMC
Reports to: Group Leader Analytical Development
Direct Reports: N/A
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This is an exciting opportunity for an early career scientist to join our Analytical Development team, driving the exosomes into the clinic as well as developing your own expertise in a breadth of analytics propelling your career in the Biopharmaceutical industry. You will be trained to perform a broad range of analytical techniques for a new class of biotherapeutic products and perform analysis of Evox’s products in support of internal product development. As well as developing analytics, the CMC AD team also transfers and supports the establishment of these processes with our own internal teams and with external GMP contract development and manufacturing organisations.
In this role you will have the opportunity to gain unique broad experience across a suite of analytical methodologies, such as:
- Nanoparticle Tracking
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Western Blot
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Next-Gen ELISA testing
- Liquid Chromatography (including 2D)
- Other plate-based methods
- Quantification of residual manufacturing contaminants
- Compendial methods
This position is based at Evox Therapeutics facility at the Oxford Science Park, Oxford, UK. Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for entry level positions.
- Perform high quality analytical testing to agreed timelines
- Contribute to the development, optimisation, and qualification of accurate, precise, and robust analytics to ensure generation of high-quality data.
- Provide technical support to assist the transfer of methods to external parties or internal departments.
- Contribute to the resolution of technical and scientific issues that affect, or have the potential to affect, the development and manufacturing of novel biologics.
- Deliver appropriate quality documentation to support inclusion of data and information in regulatory filings.
- Work collaboratively with other CMC teams and Quality to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to analytical testing issues.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and compliance to GMO/ACDP requirements.
Education and Qualifications:
- BSc or MSc degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or science-related subject.
Experience & knowledge
- Graduate, ideally with relevant industry experience gained through placement or has completed a degree apprenticeship.
- Understanding of the theory and basics of cell biology or protein biochemistry or biomedical analysis.
- You will need to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.