Department: Analytical Development/CMC
Reports to: Group Leader – Analytical Development
Direct Reports: N/A
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
We are seeking an ambitious, highly motivated and experienced Analytical Development Senior Scientist to join our team. This is a role in which you will be able to apply your experience in a cutting-edge environment working for a growing company in an innovative environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and proactive scientist to take a leading role in the analysis and characterisation of novel, exosome-based biotherapeutic products. We are looking for an individual with experience in the development and optimisation of U/HPLC methods for biotherapeutics/gene therapies as well as the performance and coordination of “Omics” studies, providing new insights aiding development, optimisation, and oversight of U/HPLC based methods for analysis and characterisation of complex biologics. The CMC AD team also supports, as required, CMC analytical testing, batch release activities and analytical method transfer to cGMP contract manufacturing organisations. The role will include the maintenance of the analytical equipment, and development of strategy for best use of this technology in the future.
We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter, will thrive in a start-up environment, be able to coach and motivate, be able to innovate and relish the sense of accomplishment each day brings in our exciting company.
This position is based at Evox Therapeutics facility at the Oxford Science Park, Oxford, UK and reports to the Group Leader Analytical Development.
- Lead multiomics studies (proteomics, lipidomics, genomics), providing oversight of the study design, external execution of lab work and engaging with external vendors for the characterisation of complex biologics.
- Dissecting complex datasets and provide interpretations and trending to advance knowledge of exosomes.
- Provide scientific leadership technical guidance, training and coaching to other members of the Analytical Development team to maximise the impact of the bioinformatics
- Work collaboratively with Research, Process Development and CDMOs/CROs to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to analytical issues
- Become the UHPLC equipment lead owner through establishing and ensuring appropriate equipment use and maintenance defined within SOPs, and training out to other users
- Support other experimental work as required
- Ensure that all experimental and analytical data are documented following data integrity principles including externally generated data
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and compliance to GMO/ACDP requirements
Education and Qualifications:
- PhD or BSc/MSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Food Science, Biological or Chemical Engineering or a related field.
A highly motivated and ambitious scientist with:
- Ability to work independently as technical expert for respective area
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritise work from multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects at the same time and be able to change priorities as needed by the business
Experience & knowledge
- PhD, ideally with relevant industrial laboratory experience in an analytical laboratory and performing data analysis within a bioinformatics setting, or BSc/MSc, who must have direct industrial laboratory experience as above.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technologies and their applications in Proteomics, Transcriptomics, Metabolomics and other Omics approaches.
- Extensive practical experience with interpretation of analytical data, good understanding of statistical methods and experience using data analysis software is required
- Experience in Mass Spectrometry is an advantage but not required
- Good general understanding of analytical methods within the biotechnology setting with practical experience is a benefit.
- Experience in the application of DoE to optimise analytical assays would also be an advantage
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.