Department: Process Development/CMC
Reports to: Group leader – Vector Development and Supply
Direct Reports: 0
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
We are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated associate scientist to work in the Vector Engineering and Supply group based in the CMC department. Working across Research and CMC departments, this newly created group is responsible for vector supply to project teams, vector development and plasmid management. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented scientist to contribute to vector development, including creating de novo plasmids using state-of-the art vector engineering methods and tools.
We are looking for an individual who will thrive in a start-up environment and relish the sense of accomplishment each day brings in our exciting company.
This position is based at Evox Therapeutics facility at the Oxford Science Park, Oxford, UK. Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for entry level positions.
- Cloning, production, evaluation, and cataloguing plasmids for delivery to project teams
- Liaise with project teams in Research and CMC to facilitate plasmid delivery
- Implementing strategies and approaches to design and improve constructs for exosome loading. These may include screening novel regulatory elements, monitoring protein expression, exosome loading and genetic stability.
- Identify, inform, and contribute to the resolution of technical and scientific issues that affect, or have the potential to affect, the development and execution of vector delivery to project teams.
- Deliver vector specific documentation – batch records, QC – and reports ensuring appropriate quality of documentation to support inclusion of data and information in regulatory filings.
- Prepare SOPs and risk assessments as required.
- Communicate and present experimental data internally.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and compliance to GMO/ACDP requirements.
Education and Qualifications:
BSc/MSc in the field of Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, or a related field.
Experience & knowledge
- 0 – 2 years relevant post-graduate experience gained in industry or through industry placement.
- Hands on experience in primer design, PCR including site directed mutagenesis, fusion PCR, restriction-enzyme based cloning and Gibson assembly.
- Experience using software and bioinformatics tools required for sequence analysis, DNA assembly and in silico cloning is preferable but not essential.
- Cell culture experience including aseptic handling of cell lines, transfection, and protein expression analysis preferable.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects at the same time and be able to change priorities as needed by the business
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.