Reports to: Group Leader – Translational Bioanalytics
Direct Reports: None
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
As a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in Translational Bioanalytics, you will contribute to the delivery of data from pre-clinical animal studies to enable the progression of Evox’s platform technology and therapeutic pipeline projects in rare diseases. The role will be responsible for supporting the development and optimisation of bioanalytical and biomarker assays, analysis of samples from in vivo studies, analyse and interpret data, and report findings to project and functional teams. In this position, you will participate in a broad range of preclinical studies including PK, ADA and biomarker studies.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for entry level positions.
The successful candidate will work in a collaborative matrix structure, working closely with scientists in Translational Pharmacology, Analytical Development and Research, as required. The key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of samples from in vivo preclinical studies
- Under general supervision support development, optimisation and troubleshooting of primarily ligand binding assays
- Co-ordinate collection, transportation and maintain database of samples from Evox’s facility at the Royal Veterinary College in London or external partners
- As required, develop new assays across several platforms (ELISA, MSD, qPCR, ddPCR, flow cytometry, ex vivo cell-based assays, mass spectrometry) to support the needs of each project.
- Keeping excellent records of all experiments, data and assisting with data analysis
- Contribute to SOPs, method and study reports
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and adherence to guidelines that will ensure good laboratory practice
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible approach to change
Experience & knowledge
- MSc/BSc in a scientific discipline with relevant industry experience
- Good understanding and experience in performing immunoassays using a range of platforms
- Experience in at least one of the following: qPCR/ddPCR, flow cytometry, ex vivo cell-based assays, mass spectrometry
- Knowledge of assay development and validation requirements
- Experience in handling and processing of biofluid and tissue sample
- Contribution to reporting of data, protocols, SOPs, regulatory documents and internal written reports
- Experience gained working with protein biologics and/or viral vectors would be desirable
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.