Reports to: Justin Hean
Direct Reports: N/A
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
As a Scientist/Senior Scientist you will be an integral member of the Exosome Engineering team. You will play a key role in designing and executing experiments to achieve the engineering and modification of the exosome surface and interior, ultimately leading to a therapeutic end goal. This diverse role, will initiate at the basics of molecular biology and bioengineering and carry through to in vivo proof of concept, contributing toward the impressive IP portfolio already held by Evox. This position will give an excellent opportunity to gain significant experience and exposure in multiple aspects of pioneering drug development.
• Responsible for engineering and testing constructs for the modulation of exosomes with a protein cargo.
• Responsible for the rigorous documentation of research methods and results, as well as development and optimization of protocols and procedures.
• Collation and presentation of findings and scientific data in both written and oral formats.
• Collaborative participation across both internal and external project teams, contributing to reports and presentations, patent applications, and regulatory documentation and filings, under appropriate guidance.
• Deliver data to support project transition to in vivo translational studies.
• Collaborate internally with key stakeholders and external partners.
• Act as a role model for the Company values and leadership as well as demonstrating collaborative behaviours.
• Ensure adherence to a healthy and safe working environment and compliance to GLP standards.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have experience of molecular and cell biology, whilst understanding a variety of in vitro techniques including phenotypic and functional endpoints; knowledge of protein engineering and/or gene editing technology would also be beneficial. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent scientific aptitude, be self-motivated and delivery focussed, with excellent inter-personal skills whilst being confident in leading and communicating studies. The engineering team is responsible for bringing scientific ideas to fruition so creativity in this role is essential.
Experience & knowledge
• PhD in a relevant Molecular Biology discipline.
• Significant experience in the following: cloning, vector design, molecular and cell biology
• Experience with biochemical, cellular, and immunology-based assays
• Strong collaborative and team-oriented mindset
• Ability to be self-motivated and will have the ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
• An entrepreneurial attitude, creative problem-solver with a high level of attention to detail
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills including the confidence and ability to present complex scientific data
• Experience gained in gene editing techniques would be highly advantageous
• Industry experience gained within a Biotech/Pharma company
• Experience with microscopy, HPLC, TFF, NTA, flow cytometry, stable cell line generation and in vivo mouse models
• Experience of working within in protein engineering
• Experience of working with extracellular vesicles
• Experience across diverse cell types (including cell lines, primary cells and stem cells).
• Bioinformatics knowledge
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.