Reports to: Senior Director Research
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This role is now needed to expand the Payloads remit at Evox Therapeutics, beyond the application of RNAi therapeutics, beyond the application of RNAi therapeutics. The new payloads member will be an integral part of the Research Department and will assist in establishing CRISPR/Cas technology at Evox. They will apply multiple loading strategies to deliver CRISPR/Cas therapeutics, for the development of a new class of biotherapeutic products. They will also be involved in the development of new platforms for testing uptake, distribution, efficacy, and specificity of the loaded material.
The candidate will work in a collaborative matrix structure, working with Payloads colleagues, as well as other teams across Research and Translational Departments. The key responsibilities will include:
- Improving the gRNA loading and delivery for CRISPR/Cas based editing via exosomes
- Establishing reporter system and other relevant cell lines
- Validating the CRISPR/Cas delivery in vitro, by optimising the analytical tools for the gene editing read-outs for different genes of interest (testing uptake, distribution, efficacy, specificity)
- Support endogenous gRNA loading strategy
- Analyse, summarise and accurately record experimental results, as well as communicate them efficiently in meetings
- Test and troubleshoot new assays and techniques
- MSc, BSc or equivalent experience in molecular biology or related biological sciences
- Experience of using cell systems and gene editing tools
- Experience in molecular and cellular assay development
- Strong collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work within a fast-paced team environment, achieve deadlines, and be able to change delivery priorities to align with the business demands
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Open-minded, high level of attention to detail, and able to deliver quality and compliance in line with company standards
Experience & knowledge
- Cell culture manipulation and maintenance, transfections, and molecular characterisation of edited cells
- Generation and application of reporter cell lines
- Molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA purification, DNA sequence analysis, PCR, cloning, qPCR, FACS, ICC, Western blot
- Practical experience with gene editing, in particular using CRISPR/Cas technologies
- Experience in the use of sequence manipulation software (e.g., Vector NTI, SnapGene, etc.) as well as the use of gRNA design tools
- Desire to learn and explore new science
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile environment and deliver to deadlines
- Experience in carrying out CRISPR screens and generating CRISPR cell lines
In situ hybridisation techniques
- High content imaging experience
- Experience in an industry setting
- Knowledge of exosome or lipid nanoparticle therapeutics
- Evidence of optimising gene targeting efficiencies
- Experience in working with exosome loading techniques
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.