Reports to: Team Leader, Research Cell Line and Exosome Production Team
Direct Reports: N/A
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
We are seeking an ambitious, highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate to be involved in the development and research of exosome production. This role is within the EV production team in Research and would specialise in cell line generation, cell culture and the downstream purification techniques to generate purified EVs to support Research activities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented scientist to play a key role in the development of de novo processes for a new class of biotherapeutic products. The Research team also transfers and supports, as required processes internally to Research Manufacturing/CMC team
We are looking for an individual who will thrive in a start-up environment, learning and working across different scientific processes and disciplines and who will relish the sense of accomplishment each day brings in our exciting company.
This position is based at Evox Therapeutics facility at the Oxford Science Park, Oxford, UK and reports to the Team Leader, Research EV Production Team
- Working within the EV production team to build up a research platform for cell lines. Helping to develop USP platforms for multiple cell lines and projects.
- Working across both USP and DSP to help the team deliver project timelines.
- Contribute scientifically to the running of upstream processes for EV production.
- Contribute to solving the technical and scientific issues that affect, or have the potential to affect, the development and execution of upstream processes.
- Contribute to the product specific and platform documentation such as SOPs, process flow diagrams and reports ensuring appropriate quality of documentation to support inclusion of data and information.
- Work collaboratively with CMC, Cell Line Development, Analytical Development and Quality to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to downstream processing issues.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and compliance GLP standards.
Education and Qualifications:
- BSc/MSc in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Food Science, Biological Sciences, Biochemical Engineering or a related field.
A highly motivated ambitious scientist with:
- Ability to work independently.
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritise work from multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects at the same time and be able to change priorities as needed by the business.
Experience & knowledge
- 2+ years relevant industrial laboratory experience in biologics and/or cell/viral product expression and/or downstream process development.
- Experience in upstream research/process development and or cell culture.
- Experience with Microscopes, and automated cell counters required. Experience with FACs /Cell stream and bioreactors such as Waves would be desirable.
- Experience and understanding of cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
- Experience of routine analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting and biochemical assays is desirable. Experience of ELISA, cell-based assays, HPLC, NTA and flow cytometry would be a bonus.
- Experience in the application DoE. Experience using JMP would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for the development and manufacture of biologics using from mammalian cell culture is desirable.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.