Reports to: Director of Facilities & Supply Chain
Direct Reports: N/A
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Facilities Assistant will work as part of the Facilities team to support the maintenance of the Evox real estate in both lab and office areas. This is a key role in ensuring operations are able to run efficiently, whilst collaborating across all departments and communicating effectively.
- Be the main contact for receipt of all deliveries
- Updating Purchase order log to track status of orders received
- Maintaining stock rooms for Research and CMC, updating the stock control inventory system and replenishing standard stock items in the lab areas
- Ensuring deliveries are received by the department / recipient
- Communicating status of availability of stock items / items on back order to manage expectations
- Assist quality control with receipt quarantine and approval for release of controlled materials
- Manage site recycling activities and monitor clinical waste collections
- Support facilities activities where required such as supervising engineers onsite and assisting the facilities manager. Overseeing the collection and return of laundered Lab coats
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards onsite - such as ensuring safety equipment / PPE is available and in good order
· Problem analysis, use of judgment and ability to solve problems efficiently
· Able to build strong relationships quickly and collaborate effectively
· Tolerant and flexible to different situations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Able to prioritise work effectively
· Attention to detail
· Uses own initiative, is proactive and reliable
Experience & knowledge
· Previous experience in a similar position would be advantageous
· A recognized Facilities qualification would be a strong plus
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.